This week’s specialty spotlight focuses on ER Coding.
The patient’s medical record documentation for diagnosis and treatment in the Emergency Department (ED) must indicate the presenting symptoms, diagnoses and treatment plan and a written order by the provider.
Terry gives you the rundown on what each level should have documented in support, and what presenting problems could be based on payer policy.
Subscribe and Listen
You can subscribe to our podcasts via:
- Apple Podcasts – https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/codecast-medical-billing-coding-insights/id1305926627
- Google Podcasts – https://play.google.com/music/listen#/ps/Ia47t6quqphhsanlzpajk37yiga
- Spotify – https://open.spotify.com/show/1lA69Q7EnjSMuVr3sXVWlX
- Stitcher – http://www.stitcher.com/s?fid=156874
- TuneIn – https://tunein.com/radio/CodeCast–Medical-Billing-p1056702/
- YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoNm5vs6PFMIEDa5Undidlg
If you’d like to become a sponsor of the CodeCast podcast please contact us directly for pricing: https://www.terryfletcher.net/contact/
BS, CPC, CCC, CEMC, SCP-CA, ACS-CA, CCS-P, CCS, CMSCS, CMCS, CMC, QMGC, QMCRC
Ms. Terry Fletcher is a healthcare coding and billing consultant based in Southern California. With over 30-years experience, Ms. Fletcher teaches over 100 specialty coding Seminars, Teleconferences and Webinars every year. You can find her CodeCast™ podcast series, focusing on Physician Coding, Billing, Reimbursement, compliance, and Medical industry revenue opportunities, on iTunes, Stitcher, TuneIn, and Google Play.