Sometimes as coders and billers we tend to look at a report and think, “Well, what my physician meant to say was…”
We then code from that assumption… and there is nothing more dangerous than assumptive coding!
Yet, it happens all of the time, especially when a coder gets comfortable in their job or with their physician’s documentation.
Terry looks at specific language in today’s CodeCast and asks: “Can we code for it? Yes, or No?”
You will be the judge on this one as Terry expertly gives you the answers on when you are right, and also when you are wrong.
As an added bonus, Terry also leads a discussion on how to “ace” the modifier-59 coding.
Subscribe and Listen
You can subscribe to our podcasts via:
- iTunes – https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/codecast-medical-billing-coding-insights/id1305926627
- Google Play Music – https://play.google.com/music/listen#/ps/Ia47t6quqphhsanlzpajk37yiga
- Spotify – https://open.spotify.com/show/1lA69Q7EnjSMuVr3sXVWlX
- Stitcher – http://www.stitcher.com/s?fid=156874
- TuneIn – https://tunein.com/radio/CodeCast–Medical-Billing-p1056702/
- YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoNm5vs6PFMIEDa5Undidlg
If you’d like to become a sponsor of the CodeCast podcast please contact us directly for pricing: https://www.terryfletcher.net/contact/
BS, CPC, CCC, CEMC, SCP-CA, ACS-CA, CCS-P, CCS, CMSCS, CMCS, CMC, QMGC, QMCRC
Ms. Terry Fletcher is a healthcare coding and billing consultant based in Southern California. With over 30-years experience, Ms. Fletcher teaches over 100 specialty coding Seminars, Teleconferences and Webinars every year. You can find her CodeCast™ podcast series, focusing on Physician Coding, Billing, Reimbursement, compliance, and Medical industry revenue opportunities, on iTunes, Stitcher, TuneIn, and Google Play.