In the medical field, August is when coders and billers get a bit of a breather. They can catch up on work since most physicians are on vacation. As such, we invite you to tune in as we get back to the basics and the fundamentals of physician practice coding and billing.
In the spirit of getting things done, today’s episode talks about the differences in coding versus billing: and where the two intersect. While providing patient care is the number one priority of a medical practice, best practices in the coding and billing office are part of patient care.
Terry will also discuss the process of translating diagnoses to ICD-10 Codes, Procedures and Services to CPT and HCPCS Codes, and how to avoid common coding and billing errors.
Subscribe and Listen
You can subscribe to our podcasts via:
- iTunes – https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/codecast-medical-billing-coding-insights/id1305926627
- Google Play Music – https://play.google.com/music/listen#/ps/Ia47t6quqphhsanlzpajk37yiga
- Stitcher – http://www.stitcher.com/s?fid=156874
- TuneIn – https://tunein.com/radio/CodeCast–Medical-Billing-p1056702/
- YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoNm5vs6PFMIEDa5Undidlg
If you’d like to become a sponsor of the CodeCast podcast please contact us directly for pricing: https://www.terryfletcher.net/contact/
BS, CPC, CCC, CEMC, SCP-CA, ACS-CA, CCS-P, CCS, CMSCS, CMCS, CMC, QMGC, QMCRC
Ms. Terry Fletcher is a healthcare coding and billing consultant based in Southern California. With over 30-years experience, Ms. Fletcher teaches over 100 specialty coding Seminars, Teleconferences and Webinars every year. You can find her CodeCast™ podcast series, focusing on Physician Coding, Billing, Reimbursement, compliance, and Medical industry revenue opportunities, on iTunes, Stitcher, TuneIn, and Google Play.